Thursday, January 14, 2010

A very feminine Bedroom with a very precious silk Artquilt

I like this room for its feminine aura. Colours are soft, soothing, calming - exactly right for a lady's bedroom. The grace of this room yet could be enhanced by the "right" artwork - my suggestion would be - if it were my room - a precious art quilt, entirely made of silk and handquilted with silk. The quilt has been handpainted - including the intricate pattern on the godess' sarong. You can see details of this quilt using this link or click on the image of the quilt below.
.

original image source from http://www.getdecorating.com

Normally I don't do this and leave it to the viewer whether s/he likes something or not but in this case I find that the interior designer of this room was lacking a good idea for decor as s/he placed those pink bags and feather boa on the wall. It simply looks cheap and it diminishes the lovely aura of this room. But this is only my personal opinion:
.


If you click on the image below you can read about the creation of this quilt, its inspiration and background. I have mounted it here in a virtual gilded frame because this fits best into above room. There are other possibilities to hang this quilt though depending on the environment...
.

"Golden Nymph"
50" x 26", Silk Art Quilt
©Petra Voegtle
~

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...