Monday, March 22, 2010

A cosy Girl's Bedroom in Pink and a Red Door

This is a bedroom for girls but why not adding a piece of fine art - just to fuel a bit the phantasies - not the worst purpose of fine art . "What is behind the door"? Isn't this a question we are all asking when we see a closed door? Well - ready to make up a story around this... At least the originators of these doors and walls the painting has been inspired by are also still kids - more or less - students from University of Munich and their village.

image source House Beautiful

Unfortunately I did not receive permission to show you how this lovely room looks like with the painting which I fully understand. In my own world I would have placed the painting below between the 2 sconces. But I think you have enough imagination for seeing this possibility.

"Red Door"
(from the Reminiscences series)
26" x 18", acrylic
©Petra Voegtle

If you would like to know more about this painting Red Door please see this link. If you would like to see more paintings of this series please see here.
~

2 comments:

DesignTies said...

It really is terrific how you drop paintings into rooms, showing how fantastic they'd look wiht a secial peice of art!

Thanks for dropping by DesignTies the other day and commenting on my home-staging post/project. You asked how long it took to prepare the condo for market = the home owners spent almost 2 weeks completely decluttering the space... and they did a phenominal job (you should have seen inside her closets - perfectly organized!)... then I came in and - in about 8 hours - had the place looking fantastic!

Cheers,
Victoria

Unknown said...

Wow - Victoria - I would have assumed much more work you have put into it even with the homeowner's help. I am truly impressed. I guess this makes the difference: if you are consulting a professional or if you are trying to "repair" it by your own.

Btw - thank you for your kind comment. Unfortunately House Beautiful did not give permission for adding anything to their pics so I had to take out this image and replace it by their original.
But I think the idea it there for people to see and use their own imagination.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...