Saturday, May 29, 2010

Bright Red or a fascinating Landscape on the Wall?

I must admit when I saw the picture of this hallway I was fascinated. I think the interior designer did an excellent job by placing that bright red photo(?) as focal point on the wall. It sends a lot of heat into these white walls - a wonderful and necessary contrast. You can see the original photo below.

But then I thought as brilliant and eye catching this bright red photo is, it probably will soon lose its attraction - I mean there is not so very much to discover in this photo, it completely lives from the colour. It's a similar issue with a bright coloured dress or maybe even a car - it might be a screamer for some time, a prominent focus for everybody but after some time you get bored with it and you wished to have chosen something more sophisticated. I am offering here an alternative: my suggestion would have been this triptych, a large silk painting that consists of 3 panels. But judge for yourself.

Btw - the peculiarity of this triptych is that you could hang each panel separately because it was painted in a manner that each panel shows a complete landscape in itself...

original image source from http://www.getdecorating.com

the original image

(Click to enlarge)
 "Canyon"
(from the Magic Landscapes series)
 

40" x 63", Triptych, silk
©Petra Voegtle

If you would like to see more detail photos about this painting please check this link. Here are some more room examples for this painting: interior1, interior2
~

2 comments:

DesignTies said...

Wow, the red painting really makes a statement!! But I think you're right, it will probably become less interesting over time. Whereas your triptych has so many interesting elements, I'm sure you'd always find something new every time you look at it :-)

Kelly

Unknown said...

Haha Kelly - have I lured you in? I must admit I am addicted to that bright red but...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...