Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Beauty of Glass and Crystal

Did I tell you that I love anything which is clear, transparent and especially in aqua colours?
I am collecting glass as well as crystals and dream of having a place one day where I could use my treasures for decoration. At the moment they all live a sad life, cramped together on a shelf in my bedroom waiting for the moment to be released...

That's one of the reasons why I loved this delicate and simple dining room - the decoration is beautifully natural and fragile - nothing that disturbs the impression of living with much light. The only thing I would change here - if it were my dining room - I would add some more art to the facing wall - it looks a bit too bare to my eyes.

(original image source www.housebeautiful.com)

I have the perfect painting for this place - don't you think? It is from the Minerals series, painted in acrylic on cotton and depicts the image of a huge Aquamarine - this is also the title of this painting. It repeats exactly the colour of the wonderful glass decoration.


The painting tries to depict the wonderful colours and transparency of aquamarines which could not be better representatives for clear water - the most precious treasure we have on this planet...


"Aquamarine"
(from the "Minerals" series)
40" x 13", acrylic on cotton
©Petra Voegtle
~

4 comments:

Woodworking Ideas said...

Nice pictures and i really like it and i want for this designed my home and your post is really like ..
Thanks for the sharing ..

patio design said...

Amazing! I am a huge fan of that delicate and simple dining room - the decoration is beautifully natural. I am impressed with the research you made to make this article awesome. Thanks for sharing this with us.
patio design

Unknown said...

Thank you for your kind words, woodworking ideas

Unknown said...

thank you very much for your visit and nice comment, patio design

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...