Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Hanging Art in an unorthodox Manner

First thing I noticed when I saw this photo was the wonderful light in this bedroom.But as usual I missed some art on the wall. As you cannot see in this vignette whether there is more space in the room besides the place  above the bed I decided to suggest to hang a silk painting in a different way than it had been painted for:


Not very often you have the opportunity to hang a realistic/representational motif other than it was meant to hang but in this case I thought it would work. Especially the colours of the silk painting with the sparkling of the mother-of-pearl pigments in the paint would match the light in this bedroom beautifully:


Here is the silk painting in its upright format (from the Magic Creatures series and one of my favourite paintings in general):

"Nautilus"
(from the Magic Creatures Series)
silk, 40" x 13"
©Petra Voegtle

But it wouldn't be me if I had not found another example for hanging this painting horizontally - in one of the next post...
~~~

1 comment:

Cathy Pieroz said...

That looks great! Who said paintings need to be conventional, I love these abstract design paintings and from now on I'll be looking at them from every angle :) - Cathy Pieroz at Ray White Alexandra Hills

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...