Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Hanging Art in an unorthodox Way continued...

Well I promised to show some more examples how you could change the original idea of hanging a certain painting. Normally you could not do this with a realistic or representational painting but in this case it works beautifully again. The colour composition looks as if this was made for this room from the beginning:

(after)
The original image (see below) of this wonderfully airy bedroom looks a bit blank so my virtual and visual addition would be this silk painting if it were my room.

(before)

Check out how the painting normally would be hung here.

Here are more ideas of hanging art in an unorthodox manner:

(after)

The wall art in the original image of the room is repeating too many of the room's colours:

 (before)

Don't misunderstand me - I like the original art but it does not really spark great interest because the colour compositions "disappear" in the room itself. My suggestion would have been something that glows a bit more, that adds some additional colour such as the crystal paintings from my minerals series:


"Aquamarine" and "Tourmaline I"
(from the "Minerals" series)
40" x 13", acrylic on cotton
©Petra Voegtle

And here is another one of my paintings that could be hung horizontally instead of vertically with the result of looking completely different than hung in the original manner:

(after)

Again - I like the original painting on the wall in this bedroom but it is very dominant so that any additional art would be overkill. As I would like to hang something above the bed - and one of the paintings from the fossils series would be perfect for that - I would have to replace the original painting with another one, less prominent. What do you think about this alternative?

(before)

I really love to play around with these images and create new ideas:

"Triassic Prints I + II"
(from the "Fossils" series)
40" x 13", acrylic on cotton
©Petra Voegtle

~

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...